Friday, September 25, 2009

Me and the THUG

I registered my car on line, putting in the tracking numbers of a check, as they required. Got my stickers and thought all was fine until we received a letter from the DMV dishonored check department. So we go the DMV office, wait an hour and get assigned to the THUG'S window. By the way the registration was not even due until 9-26 and this was the 21st. I originally paid $103 but now they wanted $214 because of penalties.When I asked about these penalties he said"Mam the fees have gone up and I don't see anything about penalties " so I guess he also could not read. I had my current registration and tried to tell him it was only $103, but he kept interrupting me"Mam, you are not listening, the fees have gone up". Finally I tried to show him my card, reaching over the counter. "Step back, I am going to have to ask you to leave"So I said, "excuse me but what is your name?" " I did not give you my name, nor do I have to"At this point the supervisor came over, was very nice, did not understand the fees, called Sacramento and straightened everything out.

1 comment:

  1. It is worth it to drive to the Arvin DMV. They are always so nice!

    ReplyDelete