Tuesday, June 2, 2009

more water issues

Ok, so they come to "fix" it this morning. Apparently my water heater was turned off. At least, that's what he said. I don't understand how it would be turned off, or how it would slowly go away (at first the water would be hot for 15 mins or so, then 10, then 5, then not at all) and it doesn't explain why the cold water is coming out brown. So I called again, and he came over again, but my neighbors were gone, and since the water heater is in their garage they need to be here to give us access. He also just told me that the cold water is coming out brown because I'm not running it enough. With all the animals I have I'm running the cold water at least 3 times a week. He said to just let it run for a few mins and it's totally fine. Which I disagree with. Someone at work suggested I just call the health department and make them deal with it. The water isn't dark brown, and it does clear up eventually, but still. It's supposed to be clear and colorless.

Anyway. He's coming to look at the heater for the third time tomorrow morning (I asked him to go ahead and turn it all the way up too), and I need to figure out what to do about the fact that it's brown. grrs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment