Wednesday, May 5, 2010

beer? please?

Ugh, so I go to Vons to buy some beer and groceries and stuff (ok, so yeah, the main point was the beer), get in line, and realize I forgot my id. Damn. Oh well. I buy the nonalcoholic stuff, and come back for the beer. I got in the same line as before, which happened to have the store manager at the register. Not only did he not immediately recognize me from ten minutes ago, he gave me a completely blank look when I said "I'm back for my beer, this time with my id!" So he finally figures out that the beer I was pointing to was, indeed, mine, and goes to get it. And then drops it. And then for some reason, rings in a couple other things I was getting, making everyone else behind me wait for him to call someone up front to take away the broken box, then wait as he called another person up to get me a new box. Why he couldn't have just rang in the broken box and then gave me the new later, or just skipped me and helped the people behind me (which I offered), I don't know. Then the Vons discount wouldn't work and he overcharged me by like $15. All in all, it took me about an hour and a half to get some beer. Which I shall now enjoy.

(Firestone Double Barrel, in case you were wondering)

No comments:

Post a Comment